Friday, September 11, 2009

We went to Europe...for the weekend!

So we finally made it "across the pond". What a whirlwind weekend we had. It was fabulous. We were so lucky to be with our great friends Mark and Kim. Kim a seasoned European traveler, was fabulous on getting us where we wanted/needed to go so that we could just "look". What a difference it must make having someone maneuver the streets while your eyes are everywhere else. Although I did make sure that I understood the train schedules, airport and cabbie lingo and where we were in relation to the map just in case the next time we go we may not have our tour guide.


We have 1,500 pictures. I am not joking. I think it is just shy of that number around 1,470. Greg and I have sifted through the first 1,000 and forgot to delete and move good ones around. We were reminiscing already! Our initial plans were to visit only Paris and Rome, however because of Kim's savvy ways, we were able to fit in her "city" Florence. What a city it is! I totally can see why she says that the city speaks to her. While we were overlooking the city with the sun setting, I couldn't help but get tears in my eyes. It was absolutely gorgeous.

So for my two fans out there (Mom and Susan) I will do this in parts. Trying to give you my take on our fabulous trip one day at a time, beginning with the shocked look on my face as we entered the plane!! Enjoy....

0 comments: