Friday, January 16, 2009

So this morning on my way in to work, this is what the temperature read.....

That's right!! Can you believe it? I have lived in Michigan 9 years now and have never seen it this cold. This is actual temperature, not wind chill. All the schools in the area are closed due to extreme cold. Never heard of that one. Warnings are out everywhere concerning frostbite and hypothermia. The projected high today....a mere 7.

While this is extremely cold, I am really not complaining. Why you may ask?? Well, I really do like living in Michigan. I love seeing ALL 4 seasons. This bitter cold will only last a few days, at most a week. We get beautiful snow....and lots of it this year so far! We have mild summers, with maybe 2 weeks of really hot temps and humidity. The rest is awesome. Mild temperate spring and fall with NO humidity, its great. So I guess the morale to the story is to get the good, you have to put up with a little bad!

3 comments:

The VanZoerens said...

Gina, it was great to hear from you! Yes, we are all wearing Michigan State shirts--including Arden! Don't worry, Auburn is still my #1 team, but since Geoff is a graduate of MSU, I figured it could be my second favorite! I hope you are surviving the frigid temperatures--I'm definitely not jealous!

bamamawmaw said...

I like your pictures. From Jaren.

floors lookin good.Can't believe minus 12!!!!!! From Joshua

LOVE YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bethany Patton said...

Brrrrr...bundle up and snuggle up. Miss you guys!