Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Soggy Bottom Boys

I am guessing that most of you have seen the movie "O Brother Where Art Thou". If not, I highly suggest that you pick up a copy and prepare to laugh. It is some of the best work George Clooney has ever done...of course that is one woman's opinion!

Well in the movie George Clooney pairs up with two other "convicts" and they form the Soggy Bottom Boys and sing the all too familiar "I am a Man of Constant Sorrow". Well they do this dance at the end of the movie as the sing the song, and well, the Soggy Bottom Boys were at our New Year's Bash and boy did they perform. Unfortunately we were all too slow with video cameras, and quite frankly we were laughing so hard we would have never been able to keep still. So here is a picture of the Alabama "Soggy Bottom Boys". If you are ever in or around New Hope, Alabama look them up, you will be in for a treat.



By the ways boys, next time I am in town I expect a repeat performance!!!!

For all of those Local to this group, they do perform once a week at the local Mexican Restaurant in "Hampton Cove" (next to Walmart) on Tuesdays. My brother is running Karaoke for the owner. Who can blame him, he is getting paid to do something that he loves, and quite frankly is pretty darn good at. Check him out some time! (Marty - do I get a cut if attendance rises?)

1 comments:

bamamawmaw said...

These guys do a good job and I'm a BIG FAN. I've given them the name "The Rowdy Trio". I'd like to hear more from the Rowdy Trio.