Sunday, April 5, 2009

Double Life

Apparently Saturday night I was in two places at once. My good friend Kim who is also my boss retrieved a voice mail from her phone Sunday night that went a little something like this:
"Hey Gina, its Ron. Just thought I would call and say hey. Give me a call xxx-xxx-xxxx." So my "boss" calls me and asks if I know a Ron. Of course I say no and she proceeds to tell me about the voice mail. So I take the # and give "Ron" a call. This was the conversation:

R: Hello?
Me: Hi, this is Gina Strychar I am trying to reach a Ron?
R: This is Ron.
Me: Who are you?
R: Who is this?
Me: Gina
R: Oh, hey Gina, remember me, we met at the bar last night.
Me: WHAT!?!?!
R: Yeah, don't you remember we met last night at the bar.
Me: NO. We didn't meet at the bar last night.
R: Yeah we did, this is Regina right?
Me: No, this is Gina, just plain Gina. I think that someone gave you a fake phone number.
R: What?
Me: The cell # that you called happens to be my boss who happens to be very married with two kids. I myself am married and my husband is sitting right here beside me.
R: Who's married?
Me: The women who's cell phone you called today. Her name is Kim, she is my boss and you asked for me on her cell phone. As a matter of fact I was at her house last night. I was not at any bar. I am afraid that whoever you met gave you a fake number. Sorry to be the one to have to tell you that. ( Here I am laughing uncontrollably). Better luck next time.
R: Okay, thanks.

This by far had to be the strangest coincidental thing to ever happen to me. What are the chances that this "women" gave out my friend's number to some random, might I add very gay sounding guy and he happened to ask for a Gina?

So the big question around here is "So, Gina... what have YOU been up to lately?"

1 comments:

Stephanie said...

Hi Gina! I do indeed remember you from the reunion. I am not from Huntsville, so meeting so many people was a bit overwhelming, but as soon as I read your name, I remembered you. I told Nathan you wrote me and he told me to tell you hi!

Glad to come across you in the blogging world. I really enjoy blogging because it seems as though everyone has something they can share that will either give someone a laugh, encourage someone, help keep friends and family in close, or teach someone something new.

Have a great week.

Stephanie